FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Is it worth it?
by Mr T Kent
It has been quite a week here at CCAS – incredibly busy, but in a good way.
Here are just some of the highlight from the past week:
- The Year 3-6 musical production, “The Peace Child”, over three days and nights
- Year 10 Snow Trip
- “Imagine” HSC Showcase evening
- Infant Choir Club performing at Erina Fair
- Book Week costume parade
- HRIS Athletics
- Primary Oztag
It is an easy list to write, but when you consider the collective effort that goes into delivering each of these learning experiences – it is a testament to the amazing and committed staff, talented students and supportive parents we have here at CCAS. It is a little unusual that all this happens in one week, but in showcasing the talents of our students this week it again highlights the value we place on an holistic educational experience which goes beyond the walls of the traditional classroom.
I do want to take a moment to express my appreciation to all of our amazing staff who go above and beyond to provide these experiences. In particular, this week I’d like to acknowledge:
- The many hours that go into concert preparation and practice (special mention to Mrs Ibbott and Mrs Grant).
- Our Year 12 teachers who taught, coached, encouraged and mentored our students to enable them to display and showcase their major works last night.
- Mr Allum and his team of teachers who provided the amazing opportunity for our Year 10 students at the snow this week.
- Our sports teachers who take our teams away to representative sport.
- The music teachers who lead our choirs.
- There are so many more!
I also want to recognise and affirm the support shown by so many of our parents, particularly with the Primary Concert this week to get your children here each night, for the costumes and props so many helped to create and the many other ways people assisted – a massive effort from everyone.
Is all this worth it? Absolutely!
I hope you enjoy the rest of this week’s newsletter.